My Pledge

I pledge to be fiscally responsible, protective of individual rights, attentive to local needs, supportive of families, and responsive to constituents.

Contributions may be made
c/o Andrew Robertson fiscal agent - PO Box 498 - Northwood, NH 03261 or online at ACT BLUE.

FB: Maureen Mann-NH House of Representatives Contact: mmann@metrocast.net.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Letter to the Editor: Concord Monitor on Constituent Services

I believe the job of an elected official is to represent the interests of constituents and the people of New Hampshire and not to promote a political agenda.

While proud to be a Democrat, I can rightly claim to have worked across the aisle to get results. After two years of work, I was able to get a traffic signal installed at the intersection of Routes 107 and 4. Prior to my taking the lead, Republicans in Rockingham District 32 had been asked for years to deal with this dangerous intersection. None did. Since that light was installed, there has not been one fatal accident there.

At the request of constituents in Northwood and Nottingham, I sponsored legislation giving communities more control of resources, and concerning large groundwater withdrawals.

At the request of constituents in Northwood, I sponsored legislation giving abutters control of a dam at Jenness Pond.

At the request of constituents in Deerfield, I sponsored legislation reclassifying Pleasant Lake as a class A lake.

At the request of a constituent in Candia, I sponsored legislation concerning home wine making and promotion of New Hampshire-made products.

At the request of a constituent in Deerfield, I sponsored legislation seeking labeling of genetically engineered foods.

I have co-sponsored legislation with Republicans calling for cameras on state police, decriminalization of marijuana, disclosure of “model” legislation and transparency in campaign funding. I am particularly proud of co-sponsoring legislation [HB 155-2014]demanding stiffer penalties for neglect and exploitation of the elderly and disabled.

MAUREEN MANN
Deerfield

No comments: